YouTube channels can be customized by changing their profile pictures, banners, and video watermarks. A decent banner helps shape the identity of a channel. There are, however, some challenges in navigating to a page where you can edit your channel banner. In this tutorial, we provide a guide on How to change YouTube Banner.
Follow these guidelines to ensure your new channel art fits the best criteria. The YouTube Community Guidelines prohibit uploading images, including celebrities, nudity, artwork, or copyrighted images.
- Uploads must be 2048 x 1152 pixels and 16:9 in aspect ratio.
- Text and logos must have a safe area of 1235 x 338 pixels at the minimum size. Image sizes larger than this may be cropped on some devices.
- The file size should not exceed 6MB.
Adding or editing your channel’s banner image:
1. Log in to YouTube & Click on your “Profile Picture” in the top right corner and then Choose “Your Channel”
2. Click on the “Customize Channel” button
3. Choose the “Branding” tab. In this Tab, you will be able to change your Profile Picture, Banner Image & Video Watermark
4. Click on the “UPLOAD” button in the Banner Image section and choose your desired banner.
5. Click on the “Publish” button in the top right corner.
6. Make sure to check how the art looks on different devices in a preview. Click Adjust the crop to make changes.
Do you ever wonder if you can find an article that answers your question on YouTube? We’ve compiled several YouTube Tutorials in our blog that can solve your problems with YouTube; here are a few:
How to Add Social Media Links to Your Banner:
Links to social media sites can also be added to your banner to provide viewers with quick access to other pages.
1. Log in to YouTube & Click on your profile picture in the top right corner and then Choose “Your Channel”
2. Click on Customize Channel button
3. Choose the “Basic info” tab. In this Tab. In this section, your will be able to Customize your Channel Name, Description, URL, Links & Links on the banner, plus contact information.
4. Scroll Down to the Links section and add whatever link associated with your channel, including your website or Social Media profiles.
5. Then, go to the “Links on Banner” section and choose how many of the links you like to display on the banner of your channel homepage.
6. Click on Publish to save the changes, and you are done.